South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008

South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008
Sunsets...the older I get, the more I enjoy them.

NOTE:

I have set this blog up to show the posts in the order they were written so that it appears (and reads) more like a journal rather than a blog. That also makes it appear that I never add anything to it. That is not the case.

Game On

February 23, 2010

The Olympic Winter Games are going on now and are being avidly watched here. Since they are being held in Vancouver and Whistler, I have had several opportunities to revisit those places by looking over our pictures from our trip out that way of five years ago.

The boys commented that they don't recall much in the way of details from that trip... even with the pictures. They also commented that they would like to go to an Olympic event or two sometime. Susan looked into it and it turns out the the 2012 Summer Games in London will be starting before the boys will have to head back to school.

Looks like the groundwork for another major excursion has just been laid.

I can honestly say that I'm kind of keen on the idea.