South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008

South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008
Sunsets...the older I get, the more I enjoy them.

NOTE:

I have set this blog up to show the posts in the order they were written so that it appears (and reads) more like a journal rather than a blog. That also makes it appear that I never add anything to it. That is not the case.

Some Backtracking


February 3, 2010


Home away from home

Goodies

PB&J

Ahhh!

Where I went


Before Christmas, at the beginning of the boys' semester break, we took off for... Disney World. This time we splurged a little and stayed at the Beach Club's Concierge Level. It was very nice. You are on the top floor and use your key card in the elevator to access it. There are many nice amenities, too, such as a continental breakfast, afternoon tea and snacks, and evening beer and wine with h'ors duev... durve... doeur snacks.

The rooms are no different than on the other levels and there are many of them, so it doesn't really free you from the crowd. It also doesn't keep you from being located next door to inconsiderate dolts. On the second morning, when we were once again awakened at 6:00 a.m. to the sound of running, shrieking, whining kids, I stepped over and introduced myself. It didn't happen again. I assume that they complained to the concierge about me and got themselves moved to a better room.

Aside from the Candlelight Processional and the Christmas decorations, the park visits were business as usual. The boys rode the same rides as every other time and I waited in the same smoking areas. It was a good trip.