South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008

South African Sunset, Kruger National Park, June 2008
Sunsets...the older I get, the more I enjoy them.

NOTE:

I have set this blog up to show the posts in the order they were written so that it appears (and reads) more like a journal rather than a blog. That also makes it appear that I never add anything to it. That is not the case.

The Journey Continues...

November 25, 2009


But with a slightly different frame of mind.

I chose the two quotations beneath the main title because, while I still feel that to travel is the best way to enrich oneself, I also understand the comforts of being at home. I am becoming more and more content to do more and more of my traveling from the comfort of our newly finished basement.

It's not that I am through with actual traveling by any stretch... there will almost certainly be a continuation of the pilgrimages to the Mouse House... I also have an obligation to take Zeb on his Odyssey XIV (which, for now, still consists of San Diego and Phoenix) in 2011... and Mrs. Page will always be able to find a reason to go to New York.

It's only that I sometimes (actually more than just sometimes... 'often' would be a better word) find it to be just as enjoyable to take trips in my mind. The most pleasant aspect of that type of travel is that you don't have to travel by air, which I have come to loathe. That's a topic for a post of its own... and it will show up here sometime in the future.

For now, though, I am enjoying the opportunity to leisurely look through our photographs and brochures and maps from our previous travels and to just reminisce. Pardon me for a spell while I do just that.